Thursday, November 12, 2009

Boys Over Flowers

Summary:  Geum Jan Di is an ordinary, lower class girl whose family owns a dry cleaning store.
Because she prevented a suicide at the prestigious Shin Hwa High School, the school has to give her a scholarship to satisfy the media.  However she is quickly singled out by the leader of F4 (the four richest and most popular boys at the school) Gu Jun Pyo who leads the entire student body to terrorize her.  Jan Di continues to stand up to the bullying, and Jun Pyo finds himself attracted to her strong will despite himself.  Unfortunately for him, Jan Di has a crush on Yoon Ji Hoo, another member of F4 and Jun Pyo's best friend.


I would call this my first official K Drama. During a very very hard time in my life, I weaseled my way into hanging out with Janalyn and her friends Stacey and Kim while they were watching this. Of course that meant I started on episode 12, but I went back and watched those episodes while I was at my other sister, Ayla's house.

This is a great show and one I highly recommend as a starting place to anyone who is interested in Korean Dramas.  In fact, I have met so many other people who watch K Dramas because we bonded over this show

It is a fun to watch romance with lots of great characters and catchy music. Not to mention the hot guys. SWOON! I am so in love with Kim Bum who plays So Yi Jung and Kim Hyun Joong who plays Ji Hoo!  Also, Lee Min Ho is amazing, but I didn't fall for him until later.


 I give it 8/10!


Spoilers start here!

My one problem with this show was my own fault.  I just preferred the relationship between Jan Di and Ji Hoo better than Jan Di and Jun Pyo.  So, the ending wasn't satisfying to me.  I probably just need to watch it again.

Here are some links to other parts of my blog related to this Drama:

http://orangeknight.deviantart.com/art/Boys-Over-Flowers-211192796

http://thecodeoforanges.blogspot.com/2010/11/this-is-it.html

1 comment: