Monday, March 8, 2010

Over Time


Okay, I'm ticked. Another one of those lousy endings. Gah, and I was really into this one.



Over Time is another more mature drama, with older characters and a more serious storyline complete with a huge range of emotions. The friendship between Natsuki and Soichiro is so well depicted, and that kind of friendship is what I like to see in the couple. But Kuga... no. I did not feel that he was developed in the way that would make us (spoiler alert) happy to see him with Natsuki in the end. I mean Soichiro was always open with her and Kuga kept her at arms length because of his own issues that, if he really did want to marry her, should be shared in a relationship. UGH!!

It's somewhat the same as the feelings I got at the end of Boys over Flowers. Except in that one I knew she would choose the side of the love triangle that I didn't want her to pick. In this one, I was hopeful to the very last second. DANG!

Well, if you couldn't tell, I am not happy so the rating will obviously be lower. I'm sorry, but I like a happy ending. A truly happy ending. Not one where the girl dies, but at least they loved each other (can't stand A Walk to Remember, which makes me the enemy of all). Maybe I will change the rating after I calm down, but right now I already feel that I am being generous.

4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment