Thursday, June 10, 2010

Liar Game


I have to hurry and write up my opinion because I want to start watching the sequel right away.  Not that the ending left a terribly dire cliff hanger, but because I just enjoyed this show.  Don't go looking for romance here.  I know that most of the dramas I watch are because of the romance.  This show is more about the thrill.  I would get so nervous for Nao, but I knew Akiyama would take care of it.  I love that!  Don't get me wrong, Nao and Akiyama forever!  But romance just isn't a big thing.  More focus on trust.
And thank goodness that I had all the episodes to watch.  You can't stop.  It's like Pringles!  There are 3 distinct arcs, or rounds, that split the 11 episodes.  Then for some reason the 11th episode goes and recaps them all...  Weird.  That's the only time I fast forwarded.  Now there is a second season and a follow up movie.  Here's hoping that they do a good job staying true to the feel of the show.
Also, there is a manga that this show is based on, but I haven't read it so I can't compare.

9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment