Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Hi, My Sweetheart

I've watched a few Taiwanese dramas. In fact, the first Asian drama I watched was Taiwanese. But I get sick of them easily. The girls are too sweet and cutesy, and they have these high pitched voices that all sound alike. Yah, that's being judgemental, but notice that it never stopped me from checking out new ones. That is when I found Hi, My Sweetheart.

The characters are just so different from any romantic comedy I have ever seen. The girl was punky, the guy was geeky, and it was awesome! They had such a cute chemistry that kept me laughing and crying and smiling and yelling at the screen. Just ask my dad.

And, for the first time I started to fall for the actors outside of their characters. Rainie Yang and Show Luo are such dynamic people. They are silly and fun and so talented! They actually sing all the songs in the show, which are so awesome!

I kinda worry about seeing them in other dramas since I liked them so much in this one, and I liked them as a couple. But that is just my own worries. I'm sure they are great in those other shows. Afterall, Rainie was the heroine in that first show I mentioned above.

Okay, a few highlights about my most favorite things.

Show Luo's silliness. Goodness, how many guys wouldn't be embarassed with all that.

The display of emotions. When the characters cry, they really cry.

The strength and depth of Chen Bao Chu. What a heroine!

The great supporting charcters.

The awesome twist! Geek to Playboy. That is gold!

The kissing. It happens multiple times (not just once at the beginning and once at the end) for mutiple reasons.

10/10 because I want to own this one. Seriously. I say that a lot, and I say that I say that a lot, but I mean it this time. This has rewatchable potential and its just plain fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment